Senior Research Developer
|Job Title||:||Senior Research Developer|
|Location||:||Pinetown, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa|
|Posted On||:||Friday August 23, 2019|
|Apply Before||:||Sunday September 22, 2019|
|Experience||:||5 years - 10 years|
Their main function will be to consistently support business expansion by the continual development of new products and optimization of existing products in new and existing markets.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc Chemistry or minimum of National Diploma in Science related field
- Practical experience in a chemical environment
- Paint industry experience advantageous
- 8-10 years relevant work experience
- Computer literate in word and excel
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, self-driven and organised
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Leadership Skills
- Required to be physically active, physically, unassisted and medically fit
- Able to perform the required duties under the prevailing lab/ plant conditions
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Good hand-eye co-ordination required
- No visual impairments which would reduce ability to perform required duties e.g. Colour distinction and depth perception
Development of new products
- Support business by the continual innovation and development of new products for various markets.
- Reporting and updating of all development projects.
Continuous improvement/optimisation of existing products
- Support business by the continual improvement and optimisation of existing products.
- Reporting and updating of all optimization projects.
Technical Sales Support
- Provide support to technical sales on customer queries/requests.
- Assist with investigation of NC’s related to the area of development.
- Assist with updating of test methods and lab procedures.
- Purchasing of laboratory equipment/consumables.
- Batch card generation as approved by Lab Manager.
Trial Batch Supervision
- Supervise trial batches accordingly in production.
- Supervise trial batches accordingly at customers.
- Reporting and updating of trial batches for final approval by Lab Manager.
- Investigate and complete NC regarding customer complaints concerning developments.
Maintain housekeeping in the laboratory