Junior Systems Administrator
|Job Title||:||Junior Systems Administrator|
|Location||:||Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
|Posted On||:||Friday August 23, 2019|
|Apply Before||:||Sunday September 22, 2019|
|Experience||:||1 year - 3 years|
|Job Category||:||Information Technology|
Your role would involve the opportunity to work with our Client Services team to support customers, and with our DevOps team to manage and support various administrative components of our software solutions. Maintaining our office environment systems, desktop hardware and software also forms part of your portfolio.
A typical day in this role will include:
- Supporting our client users via helpdesk and telephone where they need assistance accessing the software
- Monitoring application dashboards and logs to identify potential issues
- Implementing corrective steps at the application administrative levels, or capturing and escalating to the application support specialists
- Managing the office environment network and telephone systems; taking ownership of implementing new systems as needed
- Providing hardware and software desktop support to our employees, both onsite and remote workers
RequirementsWe are looking for someone professional, comfortable in a fast-paced support environment, with the ability to quickly interpret, understand and resolve problems or change requests. A relevant IT or SysAdmin qualification is preferable and experience in a support environment is a must, with proven time spent delivering functional and technical application support, as well as office environment network, hardware and software desktop support.
- IT certificate, diploma or degree
- MSCE, A+, N+ certifications will be beneficial
- 2 to 3 years IT support experience, with at least 1 year specifically in software application support
- Configuration and troubleshooting experience in IIS settings, HTML, XML and web configs
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with ability do take ownership of challenges and work independently
- Wholistic understanding of hardware, software and networking and how they work together as an information system - and the ability to troubleshoot as each level.
- Very good understanding of desktop computing, MS Windows & Office, internet browsers, cloud software, and networks
- Professional communication and writing skills
- An affinity for technology (you won't have to write the software, but it would help if you love playing with new technology and gadgets)